Wahlstrom Family

Wahlstrom Family
Belle, Issac and BEAR

Tuesday, April 1, 2008


As I was holding Bear high above my head one day I started to get sad.........................that my little Bear was starting to buckle under the pressure of being so high. Yup, doing "The Trick" only lasts about 1 year. I sat there and wished that I could explain to Bear that it would be o.k and that its not scary. But how dumb is that, they can't understand. SIGH........one of my FAVORITE tricks to do as a DAD was about to come to an end...........and would this be the last time (we will leave that foresight for another day and topic)? But then, just yesterday, I was throwing IKE MAN around in our daily game of "Monster" and as I would throw him 20 feet across the room I noticed how light this kid was. The light clicked in my head........"why couldn't I do "THE TRICK" with Isaac?" He is only 30 lbs, and Bear is 20 lbs and I can hold him up with one hand. I may have to use two hands but its possible..........oh its possible. And at 4 years old I can rationlize and convince the little guy! So after a little while I convinced him........and after a few tries I had him convinced. YUP, "THE TRICK" lives on people. I wasn't so lucky in convincing Isabelle, as you can imagine, but I will...........just give me a couple more days. And at 38 lbs I could totally do it with her, it would be unpresedented for a 6 year old (outside of Cirque du Soleil) to do such a trick. So much fun, and this will help me ease out of this precious stage my Little Bear is leaving now. Just thought I would share.

4 comments:

TyandMar said...

The Wahlstrom tradition lives on. I've asked Ty if he's going to do "The Trick" with our kids, and I got the impression that it made him nervous....so, if all else fails, you can do it with Harrison!!

Anonymous said...

Jack still does it, I can't put him up as high as you though...I just don't trust myself enough.

Mal pal said...

ha ha ha hilarious. Isaac looks SO funny up there. I love you nate. You are so funny.

Angie Tolman said...

Nate I am so glad you do updates!! It's so fun to hear how you and Jenn are doing. Can't wait till you are in Utah, give me a call and I will come visit. I want to see those cute kids. I haven't seen you guys since Belle was little.
Take care and loving the updates!